To set up your email account on outlook, you need the following
- Your full email address: email@example.com
- The type of email account: Use POP3.
- Your user name: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your password: Your email password
- The SMTP server name/address: domainname.com
- The POP3 server name or address: domainname.com
- Is Secure Password Authentication (SPA) required? Ignore
- The port number that is used for SMTP. Use 25
- Is encryption (SSL is most common) required for the port? Ignore
- The port number that is used for POP3. Leave as 110
- Do you require encryption (SSL is most common) for the port? Ignore
- Does the outgoing email server (SMTP) require authentication? Ignore
- If so, do you use my normal email name and password? Ignore
Use the following methods to configure the Internet email information service, as appropriate for the version of Outlook that you are running.
- Start Outlook.
- On theTools menu, click Account Settings.
- On theEmail tab, click New.
- In theAdd New Email Account dialog box, click Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP, and then click Next.
- Configure the new email account. You can configure the new email account automatically or manually.
- To configure the new email account automatically, follow these steps underAuto Account Setup in the Add New Email Account dialog box:
- In theYour Name box, type your full name.
- In theEmail Address box, type your email address.
- In thePassword box, type the password that your ISP provided.
- In theRetype Password box, retype the password, and then check mark the box for remember my password
- Click More Setting
- Click Advance tab
- Under the Delivery, check mark the box for "Leave a copy of messages on the server"
- Check mark the box for "Remove from server after -- days" Type 60 for the number of days
- Click Ok
- Click Next to begin the Auto Account Setup process.
Outlook 2007 will try to automatically configure your account settings and server settings. If your account is successfully configured, the Add New Email Account dialog box indicates that the account was created successfully. This dialog box also indicates the type of email server to which you successfully connected.
Click Finish, and then click Close to complete the account setup.